Sunday, July 19, 2009

Syracuse University IST 601 Reflection

One credit under my belt...several more to go. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic as I "officially" embark on my MLIS journey. I managed to fair well on my paper, hold my own in the presentation, but oy vay, so much to absorb. The image of a glass - half-full - is etched in my cerebellum.

I have several take-aways from the weekend. Here are my faves, in no particular order:

(1) I came to the realization that I am an innovative being.

(2) In my future management roles, I aim to create an environment that is based on my values: open, accepting, flexible and empowering.

(3) Cheers to all the professors. From the card game to Dave L's presentation on change, to Martha G-M's advice to presenters I was hooked from the start. Dave D.'s cultural insights and the conversation he elicited from the readings were worth the price of admission. Well...okay, it all was.

Spring,

Kate

No comments: